LOS ANGLES—Six of the most celebrated directors in the history of adult will sit with Vivid Entertainment co-chairman Steven Hirsch and X3Sixty president Paul Fishbein Friday on their Vivid Radio program "The CEO Roundtable" to discuss the future of adult entertainment. The show airs at 1 p.m. PST on Sirius XM Channel 102.
Hirsch and Fishbein will trace the modern evolution of adult entertainment and look into the future through the eyes of the following six masters of the craft:
• Paul "P.T." Thomas, an AVN and XRCO Hall of Fame inductee and winner of countless awards for best-selling movies such as Debbie Does Dallas Again. A former actor in mainstream films, including Jesus Christ Superstar, Thomas has acted in over 500 and directed more than 300 adult movies.
• Andrew Blake, also an AVN and XRCO Hall of Fame member, who calls his films “erotic fashion.” His movies have been described as "lavishly produced and lovingly edited.”
• Ed Powers, owner of Ed Powers Productions, who is best known for the Dirty Debutantes series and is yet another member of both the AVN and XRCO Halls of Fame.
• Joanna Angel, the New Jersey-bred graduate of Rutgers University known as one of the originators of the “alt-porn” genre via her BurningAngel website. A winner of numerous industry awards, she hosts her own program on Vivid Radio, "Lewd, Screwed and Tattooed."
• Jules Jordan, winner of countless industry awards including best director from both AVN and XRCO, and owner of Jules Jordan Video. He is known for his zero tolerance position on piracy of porn content and has launched numerous lawsuits that have resulted in multi-million dollar awards and settlements.
• Axel Braun, known as the “king of porn parodies,” and son of legendary porn pioneer Lasse Braun. Fluent in five languages, a member of MENSA, a film-school graduate, and the bearer of a Ph.D. in psychology, Braun has won dozens of awards for directing, producing, screenwriting and editing, including four consecutive Director of the Year AVN Awards.
“This may be one of the most remarkable Vivid Radio programs so far,” Hirsch said. “Paul and I will really get these people talking, and people who are looking for what’s next in the adult industry will get some solid answers during this show.”