There were some scary moments surrounding the 2004 AVN Adult Entertainment Expo last week, with two performers being admitted to the hospital due to drug overdoses.
One of the most popular performers in the history of adult video, Chasey Lain, was admitted Saturday night after allegedly overdosing on a combination of methamphetamine and heroin. Sources say she had both drugs on her at the time as well as hypodermic needles, and that she was released from the hospital the following day. No charges were filed.
Mandy Starr was supposed to be in Vegas to sign at AEE, but never made it. She allegedly suffered a minor heart attack Wednesday after taking cocaine as she prepared to leave Minneapolis. She was reportedly hospitalized and subsequently released.
Neither performer could be reached for comment.