LOS ANGELES—The Spike TV website has come up with seven porn stars you can take home to mom. What? They couldn't come up with 10?
The blog notes that if you're taking a girl home to meet the family, the last person your mother wants to meet is a porn star, right? Wrong.
"Porn stars have a terrible reputation for being sad, abused girls with low self-esteem, drug and alcohol problems, and an insatiable appetite for doing the deed," the blog says. The truth, however, is a lot more complicated.
So in honor of original, recently retired American Top 40 host Casey Kasem, let's count 'em down!
7. Lisa Ann—Spike calls her "a hard worker, savvy, a shrewd businesswoman, and someone who is goal-centric—all great qualities for a woman you’d want your mother to meet." They suggest introducing her as Sarah Palin's body double.
6. Stormy Daniels—Spike calls her female empowerment at work, noting she owns her own company, writes her scripts and calls the shots. "What mother in their right mind couldn’t love this 21st century suffragette?" The blog also observes that her own mother collects all the magazines she's appeared in and sometimes even watches her perform in strip clubs. And then, there was that possible Louisiana Senate bid, too.
5. Savanna Samson—The one-time ballet dancer gets props from Spike for being a devout Catholic and a darn fine winemaker, too—her vintage Italian red Sogno Uno (Dream One) scored a 90–91 out of 100 from THE wine maven, Robert M. Parker. So, she should be introduced to mom as an award-winning winemaker.
4. Sunny Leone—The 2003 Penthouse Pet of the Year is a winner for her truly sunshine-filled attitude and also for standing her political ground by taking part in the "No More Bush Girls" protest, in which she and other porn stars protested the former president's policies by shaving their privates. Spike also commends her 2008 PSA urging Americans who recently hit voting age to register, and they note that she stays true to her Sikh religion.
3. Sasha Grey—Spike loves adult's can-do woman, "the intellectual porn star" who can converse over existentialism and filmmakers such as Jean-Luc Godard. The blog talks about her crossover wallop—from modeling for major clothing companies like American Apparel to her album of industrial music to her mainstream film break-out in director Steven Soderbergh's The Girlfriend Experience.
2. Jessica Drake—The Southern belle porn star is the Texas girl-next-door, sweet and charming, Spike says. The blog cites her multiple AVN Award wins but didn't find out about her baking talents. The suggested intro to mom is hilarious, though: "This is my new girlfriend … Carrie Underwood." Yes, there is a resemblance.
And topping the Spike list of the Seven Porns Stars You Can Take Home to Mom ... drum roll ...
1. Stoya—Geek boy, meet geek girl. One wouldn't be surprised to find Stoya at Comic-Con in San Diego next week. She loves science fiction and fantasy and grew up with tech all around her. Plus, her hero is video game programmer Sid Meier. She also has a supportive family that has no issues with her work in the adult industry. So she's a geek guy's dream, Spike says, and you can bring her home to mom anytime.
View the "Spike Seven" in this exclusive AVN.com gallery.