Mickey’s Quickies | Ricky Sinz and Margaret Cho, E.M.A. Tribute, New Twink Star, More
Also known as Ed McAndrews, E.M.A.’s art infused gay imagery with a unique light.
Posted Jul 15th, 2009 09:58 AM
E.M.A., also known as Ed McAndrews, was an erotic performance artist and photographer based in Los Angeles who was a regular at the GAYVN shows and a porn friend. He particularly was drawn to Latino and Native American young men in his art, and he worked with the likes of Tom of Finland, Athletic Model Guild founder Bob Mizer, and photographers Mel Roberts and David Hurles. McAndrews died in April, but photographer Rick Castro paid tribute to him at his Antebellum Gallery in Hollywood on July 11. More about the show is at Antebellum.us.ms.
* * *
The August cover of Unzipped will feature Raging Stallion lifetime exclusive Ricky Sinz with nasty girl comedienne Margaret Cho, who was one of the special hosts at the GAYVN Awards this year. Cho is the first woman to appear in the all-male nude publication. Noted celebrity and fashion photographer Trevor O’Shana shot the pair with sex toys, iPhone apps and Rufskin Jeans. Raging Stallion’s Chris Ward gushed, “Ricky Sinz has finally been put in his place, and it took Margaret Cho to do it. Ricky is a major talent, and he’s going to go very far in the entertainment industry. As for Ms. Cho, we are going to adopt her as our official Raging Stallion Super Bitch. We love her.” The issue is scheduled to hit the stands toward the end of July.
* * *
Unabashed self-promoter Jason Curious plans to unveil his new twink performer Aaron Tyler at “Industry” July 18. Tyler will join 10 other gay stars strutting around in their underwear. Along with the likes of Josh Hart, Tory Mason, Brad Benton, Lex Sabre and others, they’re going to own Saturday nights at Numbers in West Hollywood for Sechrest’s weekly party. In the meantime, he’s co-promoting Chi Chi LaRue’s DJ-ing just down the block at Here Lounge the same night.
* * *
A few other quickies:
- The sudden closing of the New York gay rag HX Magazine hurt the summer Sea Tea that Heritage of Pride hosts every year, so they canceled a couple of their seafaring sexy cruises in order to offer the first on July 19 after they regroup. The cancellation was the first in 13 years. The popular cruises, which feature a lot of porn regulars, are going to resume with Max Rodriguez as the DJ and Jose Luis dancing. Porn promoter Will Clark also will host his annual Bad Boys on the Hudson cruise July 26 with DJ Phillip Kimball. Check out SeaTea.com for the latest info.
- LaRue’s Taken: To the Lowest Level is available in the VOD Theater on Channel 1 Releasing’s site. The special video on demand section was created especially for this long-anticipated title, which promises to be LaRue’s nastiest leather-fetish film to date. Adam Killian drags Phillip Aubrey on a six-scene sexploration of the dark side, and you know it’s got to be good if LaRue is promising to outdo herself. Taken includes flogging, asphyxiation, pissing, cum eating, enemas and more.
- Dark Alley Media is offering a sneak peek at their new title Fuck Freight, in which naked men are chained and stored in the bowels of a ship with nasty sailors who lust after their human cargo. Yes, enter your “seamen/semen” pun here and it will be appropriate, no matter what hole/hold you’re talking about.
- Pacific Sun Entertainment has its own “stimulus package.” The company said it’s going to offer more bang for the buck with two-disc sets. The Pac Sun packages will offer the full-length hardcore movies and then a second disc with porn star interviews, bloopers, out-takes, photo galleries and behind-the-scenes footage, all for the price of a single disc. First up for the special treatment is T.J. Paris’ Straight Up Dudes, which will be followed by Paul Barresi’s muscle-bear title Bears on the Prowl.
- COLT Studio Group is launching a new “BUCK shOts” line because the studio has been getting more and more requests to see younger guys in its lineup of primarily tough, rough, masculine muscle men. COLT also plans to cater to its emerging twink demographic with some specialized young bucks calendars coming out soon.
- Former GAYVN judge and longtime reviewer Steven Saylor has published an incredibly erotic new book. The Triumph of Caesar is a follow-up to his Roma novel. Check out Saylor’s work at StevenSaylor.com.
- CocksureMen.com just ramped up its site and is promising two new updates per week featuring guys like Leo Giamani, Park Wiley, Dak Ramsey and others you’ve seen in action on DVD.
- Bijou Video’s latest revamping of a classic oldie is Truck Stop, which is scheduled for release this week in high-definition format. It features Mike Savage and Gary Boyd and lots of nasty garage and car sex, along with pumping on pool tables and pinball machines.
- Asian Twinkz Videos is releasing a new title, Enrique’s Adventures, which follows a new star who seeks sexual adventures after becoming bored with his dildo. The flick climaxes in an orgy among four guys, all with single stage names like Enrique.
- Bel Ami’s new title is Undressed Rehearsals. It features some new performers in auditions director Marty Stevens used to pick new talent for Bel Ami. Candid auditions are always fun to watch.
* * *
Michael Musto of The Village Voice joined the Derek & Romaine show on OutQ, Sirius 109 and XM 98 to feature the sordid story of Michael Lucas and his squabble with a fashion writer at The New York Times. The basic summary (from the private back-and-forth emails I’ve seen) involves the writer becoming a bit ticked off when Lucas canceled an interview after his mother died of cancer. Apparently adding insult to injury, the writer told Lucas the “time has passed” for a feature about Lucas’ closet, and the interview never was rescheduled. Musto’s piece seemed like a Mafia hit, making the Manhattan porn mogul look ridiculous—which is odd, considering Musto allegedly is a friend of Lucas and has appeared in cameos in Lucas Entertainment videos. Of course, others would say Musto’s approach simply told the truth, and Lucas would appreciate the publicity no matter how he is presented.